Enrolment Statement for Te Rā School
State-integrated schools select preference students based on the connection to the special character of the school.
Special Character Preference
A student shall be given preference of enrolment when the proprietors deem that the student’s parents, caregivers or legal guardians have demonstrated a connection with Waldorf Education, as per the Special Character of the school. This is determined during the enrolment process by the kindergarten kaiārahi (for ECE enrolments) or by one of the co-principals (for the school).
The grounds for preference are the specific or general connection the family has to the aims, values and principles of Waldorf education.
When there are more applications for enrolment than we have places available, Te Rāwhiti Kindergarten and Te Rā School consider special character preference enrolments as follows.
- Siblings of children already enrolled at kindergarten or school.
- Children or grandchildren of permanent staff at Te Rāwhiti kindergarten and Te Rā School, members of the Board of Trustees or the Kapiti Waldorf Trust.
- For kindergarten enrolments only: children who have been attending one of our Te Rāwhiti playgroups on a regular basis with their parent/caregiver.
- Children of former students of Te Rā School
- Transfers from other Waldorf kindergartens/schools within New Zealand.
- Transfers from other Waldorf kindergarten/schools outside of New Zealand.
- Other enrolments with special character preference.
Children enrolled in one of our kindergartens automatically transfer to our school roll during their last year of kindergarten. Prior to the transition to Class 1, parents/caregivers are contacted to confirm the transition.
Special Character Non-Preference for school enrolments
As state integrated school Te Rā School has places for non-preference students on the school roll.
- Te Rā School has a maximum of 3 non-preference places.
- Non-Preference places criteria:
- The applicants accept that they will be attending a school of special character and
- that their place in the school is conditional on their participation in the program.
- Non-Preference selection criteria that apply to this school:
- Siblings of non-preference children already enrolled at kindergarten or school.
- Children or grandchildren of permanent staff at Te Rāwhiti kindergarten and Te Rā School.
- Children or grandchildren of members of the Board of Trustees or the Kapiti Waldorf Trust
- Children of former students of Te Rā school
- Non-preference students transitioning from other Waldorf Schools
- Non-preference students who cannot enrol immediately may choose to be placed on a waiting list. Students on this list are wait listed by date and number and will be contacted if places become available within the calendar year.