If you would like to be considered for our reliever register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten Kaiārahi/Centre Manager
Full-time, fixed-term to 31 December 2022
(Fixed term due to ongoing review following re-structure)
The children are at the heart of everything we do at the Te Rāwhiti Waldorf Kindergarten.
- Are you ready to lead, inspire and guide a talented and dedicated team of kaiako?
- Do you have experience, or a strong interest, in Waldorf education, and are keen to learn more about a special character which provides a nurturing and unhurried early childhood experience?
- Do you want to be part of a pedagogical movement that has shaped kindergartens and schools in over 70 countries worldwide?
- Are you committed to upholding our responsibilities to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and supporting our bicultural journey in a leadership role?
Te Rāwhiti Kindergarten is offering a fantastic opportunity for an ECE qualified teacher to become kaiārahi (centre manager) of our well-established kindergarten. We are open to a conversation about the size of this position to suit a preferred candidate and may be open to consider the possibility of job sharing.
Te Rāwhiti Kindergarten is located in Raumati South on the Kapiti Coast, less than 35 minutes from Wellington, with a current roll of 62 children. Te Rāwhiti Kindergarten is linked with Te Rā School, a state-integrated Waldorf primary school.
We are a licensed Early Childhood Centre overseen by the Kapiti Waldorf Trust. Our special character curriculum is aligned with Te Whāriki. Our kindergarten provides a calm environment and an unhurried early childhood experience that allows the children, and their imagination, to blossom. Free play and age-appropriate participation in artistic and movement activities, a carefully crafted story curriculum and healthy daily and weekly rhythms are cornerstones of our pedagogy and support individual development, well-being and resilience.
The kindergarten kaiārahi will be a part of the combined senior management team of kindergarten and school (www.tera.school.nz) and a member of our teaching faculty.
What we offer:
- A supportive governance team
- A supportive and collaborative team of kaiako
- A nationwide network of supportive Waldorf kindergartens
- PLD to grow your leadership skills
- A work environment that puts people and values first
- Paid first aid certification
- 1-2 week induction programme on full pay (details will be confirmed with the successful applicant)
Experience, skills and attitudes we are looking for:
- ECE qualified fully NZ certificated teacher with experience in an Early Childhood setting
- Proven ability in working with ECE regulatory requirements, ECE licensing criteria, and a commitment to comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements
- Understanding and evidence of your commitment to your bicultural journey and understanding of how you will lead the team to uphold the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi in our kindergarten
- Leadership and management experience and skills within an educational context, including financial literacy
- Skilled in building strong relationships with tamariki, whānau and the local community
- Sound understanding of what inclusive education looks like in ECE, and a commitment to supporting teaching staff in meeting diverse needs
- Excellent professional conduct and commitment to maintain trust and respect with all members of our diverse community
- Excellent oral and written communication and IT skills
Willingness and ability to take part in instruction appropriate to the special character of the school is a condition of appointment.
If applying from outside of New Zealand, applicants must have a valid work visa.
Applications close 3pm on Thursday 23 June 2022. Applicants must be available for interviews in the week beginning 27 June 2022.
For an application pack or any direct enquiries, please contact email@example.com.